Mischke show notes: May 13, 2009
Today on Citypages.com's 'In The Stream' with TD Mischke:
- If there's one headline from today's news that should brighten your day it's this one: "Freaks Survive Because They Are Strange." The article itself is less interesting. But the line is worth throwing up on the wall during your next visit to a public restroom. It's not going to top "When the going gets weird the weird turn pro." But Hunter S. Thompson would still give it the iconoclast seal of approval.
- Needing perhaps to know, once and for all, if I am a "freak" and thus one who will "survive" I felt compelled to take the "freak test." I have since learned that I am 91% freak. It's not as comforting a notion as I thought it would be. The realization that one is on the outside looking in can be a lonely feeling. Never the less, I now know, and I can move on with my life as sort of a modern day version of the snake-head woman.
- Read this headline today and inexplicably yawned: "Obama to Push Israelis, Palestinians on Peace." Why didn't any other Presidents think of that?
- These are our fighting forces in Afghanistan. Call me crazy, but, if we're to win this peculiar little war, I think we're actually going to need more soldiers like the one on the left. Seriously, this war is different from the others. Let's get different with it.
- Now click on over to photo number 16 at this same site I know this is idealistic, pie in the sky clap trap, but, in my perfect world, we don't kill each other in that particular setting right there. We get a 12 pack, look out over creation, and say, "Ain't this a beautiful god-damned world?"
Join the live chat with other Mischke fans. Drop by via browser or IRC client at irc.phazenet.com #mischke.
Comments WILL be posted within minutes -- please do not hit the 'Post' button more than once. If you are having trouble, send us an email.
Check out the previous shows in the archives or subscribe to the iTunes podcast.