Office fridge stank sends 7 to hospital, sickens dozens
|Photo by The Marmot|
An office fridge got so foul that when an ambitious worker decided to try and clean it out, seven employees had to be sent to the hospital due to the fumes and dozens became ill. Nasty.
More from the Associated Press:
Firefighters had to evacuate the AT&T building in downtown San Jose on Tuesday after the fumes led someone to call 911. A hazmat team was called in.And why would any worker take on this job in the first place? She can't smell because of allergies.
What crews found was an unplugged refrigerator crammed with moldy food.
Authorities say an enterprising office worker had decided to clean it out, placing the food in a conference room while using two cleaning chemicals to scrub down the mess. The mixture of old lunches and disinfectant caused 28 people to need treatment for vomiting and nausea.