Scary things happen, so force kids to color out their pain
But that page wasn't the only disturbing page in the book. The Smoking Gun posted the whole book on their site and questioned the lady who made it.
The book was illustrated by Marlys Jentoft, a 68-year-old grandmother of 10. Here is what she said about it: "I feel like it was happening in the world and kids saw it. It is life."
So New York magazine brainstormed a list of other coloring books that might be worthy of publishing. It's life after all, right? From NY mag's Daily Intel:
She has a point! And come to think of it, there are a few other topics Jentoft could tackle. We've done her the favor of coming up with some ideas for her next project...Any other ideas?
• What Smoking Is Doing to Grandma
• What Happened When Jenny Got in the Van
• Handguns: From Automatic to Z-Force
• Let's Go to the Slaughterhouse!
• How Fish Sticks Are Made
• The Pokey Puppy II: The Red Lipstick
• The Big Book of Bad Touching \
• What If There's No Heaven? A Bedtime Story
• Am I Autistic?
• I Heard It in Mommy and Daddy's Bedroom: A See N' Say
• Not Everybody Poops: How Your Friend in the Wheelchair Goes Potty