Eagan man's pot lamp starts townhouse on fire
|Photo by ILiekCake|
An Eagan man is now facing drug charges after the lamp he used to grow the marijuana started the fire in the townhouse he owned. Whoops.
Ryan James Parranto, 31, was charged with two counts of fifth-degree controlled substance crime and one count of possessing drug paraphernalia.
The fire happened last April and firefighters promptly called police when they discovered the man was growing pot in the unit where the blaze began. His townhouse was part of a four-unit building.
The fire started when his grow lamp overheated a socket.
From the Star Tribune:
Officers also found several bags with marijuana stems, buds and leaves as well as equipment used to put together joints and Parranto's expired driver's license, according to the complaint. A Dakota County Drug Task Force agent found 107.7 grams of marijuana there.Parranto told police he was growing weed for himself because it was so expensive.
When an officer talked to Parranto, he said that the marijuana was for his use, the complaint said.