Double homicide in Minneapolis means '10 count equals all of '09
Police are investigating what they are calling a double homicide in North Minneapolis this morning, after two men were found dead at Russell Avenue North near 33rd Avenue. Quoting relatives, The Star Tribune identified the victims as Anton Warren, 31, and Romaze Stevens, 30, but the Hennepin County Medical Examiner said it won't release official identifications for several days.
The killings are the eighteenth and nineteenth of the year in the city, matching the total number of homicides all year in 2009.
Police had broken up a party at the same address last night after neighbors complained about loud noises. This morning, someone returning to the house, found two people dead, and called 911. Neighbors say they heard six or seven shots after a noisy fight last night. Fox9 reports that officers shot a dog that attacked them at the scene. Police spokesman Sgt. Jesse Garcia said the scene is being investigated and police will release a statement soon.
Minneapolis homicide victims to date for 2010:
- May 5: DeCarl Antonio Starr
- April 28: Amy Terborg, 28
- April 8: Tony Gale, 37
- April 2: Pauline Nash, 42
- March 30: Kenneth Sims, 21
- March 23: Robert Blake Castonguay, 26
- March 17: James E. King Jr., 20
- February 27: Alisha Neely, 17
- February 13: Drew Heinkle, 25
- February 4: Michael Fonta, 45
- January 17: Marvin Ray Maynard, 16
- January 20: Orlando Keith Nunn, 21
- January 8: Walter Lee Dolley Jr., 19
- January 6: Abdifatah Warfa, 28
- January 6: Mohamed Warfa, 30
- January 6: Anwar Mohammed, 31
- January 2: Dontae D. Johnson, 31