North side shooting victim dies at North Memorial
Minneapolis police have another homicide on their hands.
Shortly before 10 p.m. last night, officers from the Fourth Precinct were dispatched to a shooting in the 1500 block of Newton Ave N. When they got there, they found what appeared to be a shooting scene -- but no victim.
At about the same time, an adult male victim of a gunshot wound was dropped off at North Memorial Medical Center. The victim died a short time later.
Investigators determined that the victim who was dropped off at NMMC was the man from the 1500 Newton Ave N scene.
The identity of the victim will be released by the Hennepin County Medical Examiners officer
There are no suspects in custody at this time and investigators with the Minneapolis Police Department Homicide Unit are following leads.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the Minneapolis Police Department tip line at 612-692-tips (8477).
The last killing in the city occurred April 28, during Trace Maxwell's triple homicide rampage.
Amy Terborg, Maxwell's girlfriend, was found shot to death at about 2:30 a.m. at a house on Logan Avenue in North Minneapolis.
Jason Rand was found shot dead about an hour later in Brooklyn Park. Later Thursday, Bryan Fisher was found shot dead at his home in Inver Grove Heights.
Maxwell shot himself to death that morning after a police chase on East Lake Street. Evidence linked him to all three killings that morning.
Minneapolis homicide victims to date for 2010:
- April 28: Amy Terborg, 28
- April 8: Tony Gale, 37
- April 2: Pauline Nash, 42
- March 30: Kenneth Sims, 21
- March 23: Robert Blake Castonguay, 26
- March 17: James E. King Jr., 20
- February 27: Alisha Neely, 17
- February 13: Drew Heinkle, 25
- February 4: Michael Fonta, 45
- January 17: Marvin Ray Maynard, 16
- January 20: Orlando Keith Nunn, 21
- January 8: Walter Lee Dolley Jr., 19
- January 6: Abdifatah Warfa, 28
- January 6: Mohamed Warfa, 30
- January 6: Anwar Mohammed, 31
- January 2: Dontae D. Johnson, 31