Ashonti Devon Allen charged in relation to Lashon Scott's death
Minneapolis police said late Wednesday that a teenager arrested on Monday has been charged with being an accomplice after the fact in the death of Lashon Scott, who died early Sunday morning of six gunshot wounds in a house on Thomas Avenue North.
According to a criminal complaint, 18-year-old Ashonti Devon Allen was present at the time of the homicide and disposed of a handgun that had been used in the incident -- Allen says in the complaint that he tried to stop the shooting.
Scott's death was one of two homicides over the weekend. Twenty-four-year-old Tirso Cruz Gomez was found dead by Minneapolis cops early Sunday on the sidewalk outside Grumpy's Bar and Grill in the 2200 block of 4th St. NE.
The two deaths were the 27th and 28th homicides this year in Minneapolis. Here are the others.
- July 5: Anthony Titus, 16
- July 2: Lionel Franklin, 38
- June 13: Andrew James Battees, 16
- June 12: Phelandis Depure Jackson, 29
- June 10: Matthew Deon Johnson, 22
- May 29: Cedric Hunter Jr., 18
- May 24: Derrick Gregory Martin, 20
- May 21: Anton Warren, 31
- May 21: Romaze Stevens, 30
- May 4: DeCarl Antonio Starr, 18
- April 28: Amy Terborg, 28
- April 8: Tony Gale, 37
- April 2: Pauline Nash, 42
- March 30: Kenneth Sims, 21
- March 23: Robert Blake Castonguay, 26
- March 17: James E. King Jr., 20
- February 27: Alisha Neely, 17
- February 13: Drew Heinkle, 25
- February 4: Michael Fonta, 45
- January 17: Marvin Ray Maynard, 16
- January 20: Orlando Keith Nunn, 21
- January 8: Walter Lee Dolley Jr., 19
- January 6: Abdifatah Warfa, 28
- January 6: Mohamed Warfa, 30
- January 6: Anwar Mohammed, 31
- January 2: Dontae D. Johnson, 31
Minneapolis police spokesman Sgt. Bill Palmer said the investigation continues into Scott's death and anyone with more information about the case is asked to contact Sgt. Chris Granger at 612-673-2945.