Jesse Ventura endorses Tom Horner for governor
Jesse Ventura shocked Minnesota, and launched a million late-night TV jokes, when he made the leap from the pro wrestling ring to the governor's mansion in the 1998.
Jesse Ventura now: Vote for Tom Horner.
Now he's passing the feather boa to a new independent. He's endorsed Tom Horner for governor.
"I urge people if they truly want change, it's in their power, shock the world again. Vote Tom Horner in as governor," he told the Pioneer Press.
"That will have a much bigger effect than electing a Democrat or Republican. If you elect a Democrat or Republican, you're just going along with the status quo, business as usual."
Horner needs all the help he can get. The Independence Party candidate hasn't come close to Democrat Mark Dayton and Republican Tom Emmer in the polls. Just today, Rasmussen found he had a paltry 10 percent support among voters.
Jesse, who ran on the Reform Party ticket after a stint as the mayor of Brooklyn Park and a career in the ring, said he plans to vote in Minnesota on Election Day before decamping for his Baja hideaway for the winter.
The Jesse Ventura File:
- Jesse Ventura: "Coleman's always been a hypocrite"
- Jesse Ventura Now: 'Conspiracy Theory'
- Jesse Ventura banned from Huffington Post for conspiracy mongering
- Jesse Ventura's 'Conspiracy Theory' OK'd for 2nd season
- Jesse Ventura spars with "The View," "Fox and Friends"
- Jesse Ventura catches Fox host flatfooted
- Jesse Ventura plans Mall of America stop on "American Conspiracies" book tour
- Jesse Ventura calls Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin puppets
- Jesse Ventura wants high schoolers force fed Hugo Chavez flick
- Jesse Ventura declares conspiracy in Arlington Cemetery
- Jesse Ventura's 'Conspiracy Theory' is up for a Stony