John Kalal's mugshot: Meet the wholesome spokesman for BirthOrNot.com
|John Taylor Kalal has been the face of BirthOrNot.com in Apple Valley.|
The last two times we've tried to get Alisha and Pete Arnold to explain the trail of internet evidence that shows BirthOrNot.com -- the supposed poll to determine if they should terminate Alisha's pregnancy -- is a hoax, we've been headed off at the door by John Kalal.
Kalal, it turns out, has left a bit of a trail of his own.
When we talked to Kalal earlier today, he helpfully confirmed that Zeeboid is indeed Pete Arnold's online identity. He used it to troll DailyKos's pro-choice page, as well as one of Gawker's own commenters just hours before the fake story "broke" on that site.
But it turns out that Kalal has some skeletons in his own closet. His criminal record reveals Kalal has a pretty long rap sheet of multiple DWI's and a recent conviction for domestic abuse and violating an order of protection.
Worst fake abortion-poll spokesman ever?
The first DWI came at the tender age of 18 in Washington County:
Another reared its drunken head four years later in Hennepin County, graduating Kalal up to gross misdemeanor charges.
Yet again in 2001 after refusing to take a sobriety test in Hennepin County:
Another refused test and DWI in 2005:
|LEFT: John Taylor Kalal's mugshot RIGHT:Video still of BirthOrNot's John Kalal|
After getting popped driving without a license in 2008, Kalal was busted in Falcon Heights for driving under the influence and refusing a test -- this time at 3 p.m. on a Saturday. That last time earned him felony charges.
And to top it all off, he was most recently convicted of domestic abuse and violating an order of protection.
Kalal previously accused us of making up our dissection of the BirthOrNot.com hoax, but -- as it turns out -- once you do a little digging, all kinds of mud comes up.
The Birthornot Files:
- Pete and Alisha Arnold want you to vote on their abortion
- Birthornot.com: Is it a hoax or not?
- Birthornot.com owners: It's not a hoax
- Birthornot.com owners won't talk on video
- Zeeboid license plate: The smoking gun in the Birthornot hoax
- Gawker falls for BirthOrNot abortion hoax by its own trollish commenter
- BirthOrNot.com: Anatomy of an Internet Hoax
- John Kalal admits Pete Arnold is Zeeboid the Internet Troll
- John Kalal's mugshot: Meet the wholesome spokesman for BirthOrNot.com