Brett Favre's "honor" ruined: Comment of the day
Brett Favre's record-breaking streak for regular season starts, 297, ended as the Vikings took the field Monday night in Detroit.
Favre has admitted sending messages to Jenn Sterger, but not pictures.
We noted that whatever anyone thinks of his off-field problems -- and we've written about them at length - he played the game with honor.
"Bartleby" finds that a little creepy.
"And whatever many may think of him, he did so with honor..." Please. Whether or not Favre sent those text photos or harassed those massage therapists, the voicemails to Sterger made it clear that he made premeditated and aggressive attempts to cheat on his spouse. Only those with a wildly spinning moral compass will fail to admit that he was playing the role of the philandering creep. And now, before he's even attempted to absolve himself with that tired "I'm so sorry (I was caught)" routine we've learned to expect from public figures disgraced by some malfeasance or private infidelity, you want to restore the man his honor? What about that free pass all of us WEREN'T willing to extend to Tiger Woods or Larry Craig for their private infidelities?
Seems to me who we cheer for says something about us. Suppose you saw someone walking around in a Vick jersey the day after he was convicted of animal cruelty charges. Wouldn't you view that as a signal of identification, of support? Wouldn't you wonder if there must be something of the sadist in him? Remember a few months back during the ALDS when the questions surrounding A-Rod's character caused you to look at the fan in the A-Rod jersey and wonder that there must be something of the prima donna in him? If you don that Favre jersey "with pride", or write odes to the man that mistakes professional excellence for character excellence, why shouldn't I conclude that there must be something of the creep in you?
The Favre File:
- Jenn Sterger claims Brett Favre penis pictures
- Deadspin defends Brett Favre naked in crocs story
- Gawker's Nick Denton claims moral high ground on Brett Favre penis post
- Slideshow: Naked in Crocs, A Favre Fantasy
- Deadspin says it will publish Brett Favre penis pics
- Brett Favre's penis revealed by Deadspin (Warning: Graphic photos)
- NFL checks out Brett Favre's penis
- Masseuse claims Brett Favre sexual harassment
- Favre admits his reputation's at stake
- Favre sexting on Monday Night Football
- Favre sexting story eclipses 500th TD pass
- Brett Favre's still bad to the bone for Wrangler
- Favre's penis can't catch a break (Video)
- Stephen Colbert on Brett Favre's jock (Video)
- Gregory Favre disavows cousin Brett's predicament
- Favre's little quarterback stars in animated movie (Video)
- Bill Maher on Brett Favre: Pee-pee wrong stalking (Video)
- Brett Favre Wrangler ads cut from NFL broadcasts
- Jenn Sterger lawyers up
- Deanna Favre on 'Good Morning America' and 'Fox & Friends' (Video)
- Jimmy Kimmel gets into Brett Favre's Wranglers (Video)
- Favre left Sterger voicemails, not penis pictures
- Allison Torres: I saw Favre's penis sext too
- Jenn Sterger's Versus show canceled over limp ratings
- Jenn Sterger readying legal blitz on Brett Favre?
- Conan O'Brien returns with Brett Favre's penis (Video)
- Jenn Sterger goes deep with NFL on Brett Favre
- Brett Favre's junk was worth $12,000 (Video)
- Sports Illustrated bids Brett Favre "A Long, Painful Farewell"
- Jenn Sterger threatens to go public on Brett Favre