Gawker hacked: Passwords of commenters compromised in ultimate security fail
|Gawker admits it didn't keep your passwords secure.|
Not just your Gawker password, but any email passwords you may have registered with the site as part of your account.
After taunting 4chan and Anonymous, Gawker has finally received it's comeuppance: A massive security fail putting millions of users at risk.
|You can't trust Nick Denton with your password.|
So, a reminder, if you have ever registered to comment on one of the following sites, your password is currently compromised:
UPDATE: Joe Coscarelli at our sister paper Village Voice reports that Gawker was hacked by a group calling itself Gnosis.
- Gawker.com - New York City media and gossip
- Gizmodo - Gadgets and technology
- Kotaku - Video games
- Jalopnik - Cars and automotive culture
- Lifehacker - Productivity tips
- Deadspin - Sports
- Jezebel - Celebrity, Sex, Fashion for women
- io9 - Science fiction
- Fleshbot - Porn
- Valleywag - San Francisco and Silicon Valley gossip