TCF Stadium shovel squad: No more jobs today
You snooze, you lose.
Come back tomorrow.
The University of Minnesota sent out notice a few minutes ago that there are no more openings for snow shovelers at TCF Bank Stadium today. But there's always tomorrow as the Vikings struggle towards making the Bank their home against the Bears on Monday Night Football.
The call for help yesterday suffered from some seriously crossed communications. The Vikings said shovelers would be paid. The university said they wanted the help free of charge. But by the end of the day, the U relented.
Here's today's notice:
Due to an overwhelming response from hundreds of great Minnesotans, the University of Minnesota is no longer accepting shovelers to help clear TCF Bank Stadium on Thursday, Dec. 16. Those interested in helping on Friday, Dec. 17 can check back in at the stadium at 8 a.m.
If you want to see video of what the snow shovel work looks like, click here. If you want a job tomorrow, read this:
University of Minnesota Athletics announced Wednesday afternoon that individuals interested in helping shovel snow and clear sections at TCF Bank Stadium will be paid for their work.
Temporary staffing agencies will be on site to sign up workers as long as they are needed to help clear the facility of snow in preparation for Monday night's Vikings-Bears game.
Individuals interested in helping with snow removal should arrive at TCF Bank Stadium for one of the three four-hour shifts on Thursday. The shifts begin at 8 a.m., Noon and 4 p.m., respectively, and workers should meet outside the Lincoln County entrance to TCF Bank Stadium prior.
Workers must be 18 years of age and must bring a driver's license or state identification card and a social security card or passport to sign up to work. Workers may also bring a scoop shovel and should wear proper winter outdoor attire. Parking will be provided free of charge for workers in Lot 37, located just north of Mariucci Arena on Southeast 5th Street.
For more information on helping with the snow removal at TCF Bank Stadium, please call 612.626.4110.
- TCF Bank Stadium shoveling video
- Get paid to shovel TCF Stadium for Monday Night Football
- Digging out TCF Bank Stadium: Photo of the day
- 5 funniest blizzard people videos
- Maintenance man escapes Metrodome collapse in fork lift
- Metrodome collapse: Video from inside the stadium
- Metrodome collapse: Video shows roof failure frame-by-frame
- Metrodome collapse: Somebody (or thing) escaped as roof fell
- Metrodome collapse forces Vikings and Giants to Detroit
- Blizzard snow totals in the Twin Cities
- Blizzard socks the Twin Cities: Photos and video
- Twin Cities Blizzard 12/11/10: Your pictures