Christi Rowan, Denny Hecker's girlfriend, jailed for illegal $9,000 withdrawal [UPDATE]
|Hecker and Rowan: Soul mates.|
But it sounds like she spent last night behind bars with nobody to blame but herself, after she violated the terms of her release and withdrew $9,000 from Hecker's U.S. Bank account.
Is this what Hecker means when he calls Rowan his soul mate?
If she had kept her nose clean, she might have escaped with just probation.
Forget that, the feds said yesterday when they asked for her to be jailed for 12 months.
Rowan was arrested when she showed up at the Sherburne County jail last night to visit Hecker.
The $9,000 withdrawal she made, along with cashing dividend checks from Hecker's stock, was part and parcel of a continued effort to scam the bankruptcy court, lead prosecutor Nicole Engisch said.
"Rowan's pattern of deception did not stop with her guilty plea, did not stop when the bankruptcy court ordered her not to spend estate assets, and did not stop when this court ordered gift cards frozen in the Hecker case. The government believes it will not stop unless Rowan receives a wakeup call from this court."
|Christi Rowan got a new mug shot today.|
"She is probably the greatest woman I have ever met in my life," he told WCCO. "All I can do is hope and pray that she gets probation."
Update: As Rowan wept in court this morning, U.S. District Court Judge Joan Ericksen threw out her original plea deal, opening the door to new charges and the possibility of a longer stay in prison. It's not clear right now whether tomorrow's sentencing will go on as planned.
- Denny Hecker, Steve Leach indicted in scheme to defraud lenders
- Denny Hecker faces 18 new federal counts in alleged conspiracy and fraud
- Denny Hecker stole from his kids to pay for mansion during bankruptcy
- Denny Hecker's Caddy golf cart goes on the block
- For Denny Hecker, Elvis has left the building
- Denny Hecker bought his own Harley Davidson at bankruptcy auction
- Denny Hecker's watches fetch $294,500 at auction
- Denny Hecker's drug problem won't help his prison problem
- Denny Hecker sentenced
- Denny Hecker, behind bars, is a workout-addicted vegetarian