Denny Hecker's a workout-addicted vegetarian
Disgraced former auto magnate and convicted felon Denny Hecker wants everyone to know that his 10-year sentence for bankruptcy fraud is doing him a world of good.
Denny Hecker, workout fiend.
He's treating his body like a temple and resting up for his next big business venture, a memoir about his failure as a businessman, Hecker told WCCO from his jail cell yesterday.
"I am really on a big workout program. I am eating very healthy and I have basically become a vegetarian since I have been here," and dropped 25 pounds, he said of life behind bars. But it's a price he's willing to pay.
Hecker pleaded guilty in September to masterminding an effort to scam Chrysler Financial Services and other commercial lenders out of tens of millions of dollars from November 2006 through June 2009. He was sentenced on Feb. 11.
In the conversation with the TV station, Hecker said he was dreading the fate of his girlfriend, Christie Rowan, who faces sentencing later this month, also on bankruptcy fraud.
"She is probably the greatest woman I have ever met in my life," he said. "All I can do is hope and pray that she gets probation."
What? And miss out on the health club bennies?
- Denny Hecker, Steve Leach indicted in scheme to defraud lenders
- Denny Hecker ally Bill Prohofsky commits suicide with gunshot to the head, police say
- Denny Hecker faces 18 new federal counts in alleged conspiracy and fraud
- Denny Hecker stole from his kids to pay for mansion during bankruptcy
- Denny Hecker gets a public defender in fraud case
- Denny Hecker's Caddy golf cart goes on the block
- For Denny Hecker, Elvis has left the building
- Denny Hecker bought his own Harley Davidson at bankruptcy auction
- Denny Hecker's watches fetch $294,500 at auction
- Denny Hecker's drug problem won't help his prison problem
- Denny Hecker sentenced