Michele Bachmann fails again on campaign finance reports
|Who's watching the books?|
Maybe it's because she's got more money than she knows what to do with.
The Federal Election Commission has informed her--again--that her year-end campaign finance reports have failed to adequately account for donations.
"It has come to the attention of the Federal Election Commission that you may have failed to file the above referenced report of contributions bundled by lobbyists/registrants and lobbyist/registrant PACs as required by the Federal Election Campaign Act," wrote FEC assistant staff director Debbi Chacona to Bachmann on Feb. 17.
|Bachmann needs to keep better track of her campaign finances.|
The FEC came down on her three times in January for failing to properly account for about $1.5 million in contributions from small donors. Her campaign was required to itemize those donors if their contributions totaled more than $200.
Bachmann, meanwhile, is headed to a tea party gathering in Florida, where she'll doubtless be scolding the government for the way it handles its money.
More Michele Bachmann coverage:
- Michele Bachmann wants to be president
- Michele Bachmann looked into the wrong SOTU camera on purpose
- Meghan McCain calls Michele Bachmann "a poor man's Sarah Palin"
- Bill Clinton calls Michele Bachmann divorced from reality on healthcare
- Michele Bachmann flunks slavery history again
- Michele Bachmann vs. Michelle Obama in breastfeeding war
- New York Times quotes anonymous City Pages blog commenter on Bachmann
- In New York Post, James Lileks complains about our Michele Bachmann coverage
- Bachmann calls on Glenn Beck to solve the national debt crisis