Scott Walker phone fail: Wis. governor falls for prank call you wouldn't believe [AUDIO]
|Scott Walker falls for a crank phone call that is so fake you wouldn't believe it.|
The prank call was made by the alternative weekly Buffalo Beast, which pretended to be GOP financier David Koch. Governor Walker's office has just confirmed that the call is authentic, and that it is indeed Walker on the phone.Recording prank call was legal because Wisconsin is a one-party state
Here's the statement put out by Walker's camp, which tries to spin the phone fail as "authenticity":
The Governor takes many calls everyday. Throughout this call the Governor maintained his appreciation for and commitment to civil discourse. He continued to say that the budget repair bill is about the budget. The phone call shows that the Governor says the same thing in private as he does in public and the lengths that others will go to disrupt the civil debate Wisconsin is having.
But as the Washington Post pronounces, it's more likely to make Walker look like an amateur:
More on this in a sec, but for now, suffice it to say that this will reinforce perceptions that Walker is in way over his head.
- Wisconsin 14 won't get paychecks until they come home
- Wisconsin police hunt down Democratic senators over union-busting bill
- Bachmann vs. Obama on Wisconsin unions
- Jon Stewart pillories GOP "ritual sacrifice" of Wisconsin unions
- Wisconsin will call out National Guard against striking state workers