Synthetic marijuana ban passes Minnesota House
|The crackdown passes the House.|
K2, Spice, Demon, Triple X, Mr. Nice Guy--whatever you want to call the chemically treated concoction--has come under increasing fire from state and local lawmakers for months.
Contrary to the views of users and head shop owners, law-and-order types view it as a significant public health threat. Either way, it's grown in popularity, as we told you in a cover story last year.
|Soon to be illegal.|
HF 57 passed by 124-4 vote. But it's not clear how soon the Senate will take up the measure, because no one has yet sponsored the legislation there. (Read the bill here.)
More synthetic marijuana coverage:
- K2 and the synthetic marijuana boom [COVER STORY]
- Synthetic marijuana bans spread to Princeton and Hastings
- Synthetic marijuana: Statewide ban in the works
- Duluth won't enforce its synthetic marijuana ban
- Minnesota head shops sue DEA over synthetic marijuana
- Synthetic marijuana: Head shops' lawyer says DEA overreached