Minneapolis is the best American city for finding employment
All you people without a job, take note: Forbes magazine has named Minneapolis the best city in the country for finding a job.
mattlaws Find work here.
We can hear you sharpening pencils for those job application forms right now.
The magazine teamed with Ajilon Professional Staffing and came up with a smorgasbord of data points to consider: diversity of industries, cost of living, range in size of companies offering employment, and high level of education among its residents. But the biggest factor was this:
The top spot goes to Minneapolis, where the unemployment rate is 6.5%. From December 2009 to December 2010, the unemployment level dropped by .7%, indicating that an already strong market is improving.
The Top 10:
1. Minneapolis, MN
2. Austin, TX
3. Salt Lake City, UT
4. Boston, MA
5. Milwaukee, WI (sorry, cheeseheads)
6. Richmond VA
7. Raleigh-Durham, NC
8. Baltimore, MD
9. Pittsburgh, PA
10. Dallas, TX
Another day, another list. Here are some more.
- Minneapolis ranked 10th most dangerous city in America
- Minneapolis is America's best bike city
- Twin Cities ranked 5th best in America for public transportation
- Twin Cities job market named among best in U.S. by Forbes
- Minneapolis is the gayest city in America
- Minneapolis is the 7th brainiest city in America
- Minneapolis declared one of the safest cities for kids in America
- Minneapolis-St.Paul is one of the least stressful places in America