Tim Pawlenty: Barack Obama really is American [UPDATE]
|He's American. Get over it. Move on.|
Tim Pawlenty said this morning Republicans are making a big mistake if they try to resurrect birther conspiracy theories. You want to beat the guy in 2012? "Question his policies," not his birth certificate.
"I, for one, believe we should not be raising that issue, in the sense that President Obama was born in the United States," Pawlenty told Joe Scarborough, in response to a question about Donald Trump's embrace of the birthers.
But that hasn't stopped T-Paw from riffing on the notion that the president is some kind of alien.
"When you listen to his policies, don't you at least wonder what planet he's from?" he asked tea partiers in Arizona last month.
Ah, yes. We can just imagine the next gloriously over-the-top T-Paw campaign video: "Brother From Another Planet Returns."
Update: T-Paw tells Sean Hannity we ought to worry about real problems:
I just don't believe with the advertisement, with the hospital announcement, with the certificate of live birth, that somebody that long ago, you know, fabricated and created a fraudulent situation that Barack Obama could be where he is today.
Watch the T-Paw movie trailers:
- Tim Pawlenty's new movie trailer is awesomely over-the-top [VIDEO]
- Pawlenty Reloaded: 2 Pawlenty 2 Furious
- Pawlenty III: Return to Pawlenty
- Pawlenty Wars: Revenge of the Tea Party
- Slideshow: Tim Pawlenty's in T-Pocalypse Now, Bravepaw, & more
- Pawlenty's ridiculous movie trailers get the Colbert treatment
Bachmann and the birthers:
- Bachmann refuses to acknowledge Obama citizenship
- Bachmann embraces birther Orly Taitz
- Bachmann doubles down with birthers on GMA
- Bachmann won't show her birth certificate