2C-E: Senators want drug banned after Blaine mass overdose

Categories: Drugs

Thumbnail image for trevor robinson sq.jpg
Facebook
Trevor Robinson-Davis.
Perhaps one of the more surprising story lines to emerge from that mass drug overdose in Blaine a few weeks ago that killed Trevor Robinson-Davis, and sent almost a dozen other teenagers to the hospital, was that the drug they used, 2C-E, was bought legally on the internet.

Unsurprisingly, state lawmakers now want it added to the list of Minnesota's controlled substances.

Republican Sens. Dan Hall, Warren Limmer and Carla Nelson co-authored and introduced the amendment to SF 1092 today. It's been referred to the Senate Judiciary and Public Safety committee. There's no companion legislation in the House as yet.

Thumbnail image for timothy lamere thumb.jpg
Timothy Richard Lamere.
Twenty-one-year-old Timothy Richard Lamere has been charged with third-degree murder in the wake of the Blaine party that devolved into chaos and tragedy. Cops say he supplied his friends with the drug, and they found him lying a snow bank near the house, a pill bottle with traces of powder.

Unlike Robinson-Davis, he survived the ordeal.

Continuing coverage of 2C-E:


My Voice Nation Help
7 comments
Sort: Newest | Oldest
Stellar92010
Stellar92010

There was another recent report of death blamed on 2C-E, and it is now being reported that it is NOT 2C-E.  2C-E doesn't cause seizures, bleeding, coma and death, not at humanly sane dosages.  Not in any literature I've seen.  Of course with so much false information being propagated in the war on drugs, and the lack of any serious drug information given to kids, we can expect things like this to happen.

I feel sorry for the people who suffer for this.  But if our government had a different policy towards drugs than "They are all harmful, lock em up" I have a feeling this child would not have died.   

Kristeninyo
Kristeninyo

I had a seizure while on 2c-e and I almost died. I'm all for drugs, but this one is just plain dangerous. Say no to this shit kids, I'm lucky to be alive.

Ichiboa
Ichiboa

2c-e has been around since the 1960's, and this is, to the best of my knowledge, the only death currently attributed to this substance. I would bet that was happened to you was either caused by your own misdoings (accidental overdose, mixing chemicals, etc.), or by the chemical you had not actually being 2c-e since there have been labs on the internet which have mislabeled bromo-dragonfly among others to be 2c-e when they are in fact entirely unrelated chemicals. If you'd do your homework you would have realized that 2c-e doesn't cause the symptoms you experienced at recreational or therapeutic dosages. 2c-e is by far one of the safer drugs you could use, and if anything you should be recommending it to people in the hopes that it will keep them away from much more harmful substances such as alcohol, opiates, benzodiazapenes, tobacco, most stimulants, ketamine, pcp, JWH-XXX, cp-XXX, mdpv, mdat, mdai, etc... etc... etc...

Aaron Lawless
Aaron Lawless

YOU HAD A SEIZURE. YOU"RE UNIQUE. I have done overhalf a gram on accident. no problems.

Ho
Ho

"He's an idiot. He's dead. Good! We lost a moron? Fucking celebrate. There's one less moron in the world."

Bill Hicks

Kirk the Conservative Jerk
Kirk the Conservative Jerk

So ya ban this one.But wait, six more with unique chemical structures are waiting for a spot in the market place to open up. And banning this one will do just that.

The medical industry and our new understanding of how chemicals affect particular receptors in the human brain, has opened up a real can of worms for the anti dope crowd.

Although this incident was tragic, I'm guessing at least one person has died in Minnesota from overdosing on alcohol since this incident occurred. What, no new story on that "tragic preventable death"?But wait, one supports big government through taxes, and one does not. Priorities are blatantly obvious from the lawmakers!

Now Trending

From the Vault

 

Loading...