Jenn Sterger calls Brett Favre incident "humiliating" [UPDATE: VIDEO]
|Sterger is now suing her former manager, but not Brett Favre.|
"I haven't made a dime off anything in this whole situation. Not from the pictures. Not from Favre. I never wanted to sue anyone," she told ABC News. "I'm not a gold-digger."
She talked to George Stephanopoulos, adding that Favre began contacting her after a Jets employee gave the quarterback her phone number.
"I was approached one day at the beginning of the pre-season games by a man wearing a Jets badge, employee badge, who asked me, 'How would you feel if Brett Favre asked for your phone number? What would you say?' And I just looked at him, my usual smartass self. And I said, 'I'd say I like my job an awful lot. And I've been told I look remarkably like his wife,'" said Sterger. She said she walked away without giving the man her number and thought "that was the end of it."
Deanna Favre on GMA last year. Sterger thinks they look a lot alike.
|Staerger calls the Favre scandal humiliating.|
After working for the Jets, Sterger went on to host the Versus cable network's "Daily Line" show, but the show was canceled last October, supposedly over poor ratings. She's never filed a lawsuit against Favre, but she's now suing her former manager Phil Reese, whom she says refuses to return evidence from the sexting scandal. The two had planned a book about her ordeal, but she's evidently backing away from the gambit.UPDATE: ABC has posted a short promo clip of the interview. Watch:
More from the Favre file:
- Jenn Sterger claims Brett Favre penis pictures
- Deadspin says it will publish Brett Favre penis pics
- Brett Favre's penis revealed by Deadspin (Warning: Graphic photos)
- Jenn Sterger threatens to go public on Brett Favre
- Favre disciplined by NFL in sext case
- Sterger's lawyer: NFL's Favre decision "an affront to all females"
- Massage therapists sue Favre: Scavo and O'Toole accuse QB of sexual harassment
- Favre Sexual Harassment Court Papers: Just the good parts
- Brett Favre video spoof: "What should I do?"
- Jenn Sterger sues manager Phil Reese for return of Brett Favre sexts