David Prosser ally Kathy Nickolaus finds him 7,500 votes
|Now it's David Prosser who may claim victory over JoAnne Kloppenburg.|
Which makes this new turn of events ironic.
Wakesha County Clerk Kathy Nickolaus, who previously worked for a state GOP caucus when it was controlled by Prosser, has discovered enough votes to give him a 7,500-vote lead in the race.
That is to say, as Mary Spicuzza of the Wisconsin State Journal points out, Nicklaus likely handed her former boss the victory.
Kathy Nickolaus worked for Assembly Republican Caucus when Prosser was Speaker. Caucus is controlled by speaker, so he is her former boss.
"Human error," Nicklaus insisted at a press conference, near tears, of the whopping discrepancy between her original and subsequent vote tallies--and maybe her credibility.
Her critics point out she worked for the Assembly Republican caucus when it was shuttered after a scandal over state staffers doing campaign work on state time. And she raised eyebrows and hackles for taking the Waukesha County election computers off their network and housing them in her own office--for "security."
Now it's Democrats who say they're getting screwed in an election widely seen as a proxy fight over Gov. Scott Walker's controversial union-busting laws. Kloppenburg is demanding a full investigation.
- JoAnne Kloppenburg declares victory over David Prosser, and Scott Walker
- Scott Walker wins, Democrat accuses GOP of breaking the law
- Scott Walker cracks a little on union busting
- Nick Milroy, Wis. Democrat, tackled by police for trying to get to his office [VIDEO]
- Republican claims Wisconsin senate Democrats getting homesick
- Scott Walker: Wisconsin has buyer's remorse
- Madison police chief, mayor troubled by Scott Walker's comments
- Scott Walker phone fail: Wis. governor falls for prank call you wouldn't believe
- Bachmann wants Obama to be more like Wisconsin governor, but Americans don't
- Wisconsin 14 won't get paychecks until they come home
- Wisconsin police hunt down Democratic senators over union-busting bill
- Bachmann vs. Obama on Wisconsin unions
- Wisconsin will call out National Guard against striking state workers