Michele Bachmann: "I Am A Person Of Substance'
So Karl Rove goes on Bill O'Reilly's show last night. Here's a guy who helped Michele Bachmann get where she is today. She's "a personal friend," he says.
A person of substance.
But there's a challenge, Rove tells O'Reilly. Are Americans going to look at her and think, Wow, there goes someone with the kind of experience and gravitas we need to replace Barack Obama in the White House?
No, Rove says.
Hey, Bachmann insisted on MSNBC today, "I am a person of substance."
Savannah Guthrie and Chuck Todd confronted her and her presidential ambitions first with a replay of some recent video clips of Bachmann bosh, including nonsense about breast pumps, drilling permits, Obama's trip to India, and Jimmy Carter and swine flu. (They didn't mention her flunking the history of the Revolutionary War, slavery and the Founding Fathers, and her own family's genealogy, but we assume time was short.)
Bachmann said it: Accuracy is important.
Well congresswoman, they asked, if you want to be president, don't you think you ought to get your facts straight "so that people see you are a woman of substance?"
Well, "I am a woman of substance," she said. And then she reeled off some accomplishments.
Yes, Guthrie said, "but do you think you've been a little lose with the facts?"
"It's important we have accuracy," Bachmann said, before trying to turn the focus onto Obama.
"But congresswoman, I asked about you and some of your statements," Guthrie interrupted. "In the interest of personal responsibility, those were your statements that were ultimately deemed to be inaccurate. So my question is to you, how will you change your rhetoric so that people will understand that you are a serious person who has credibility on the big issues?"
"People know that I do have credibility on the big issues," she replied.
Watch the person of substance at work:
And watch Rove:
Recent Bachmann Coverage:
- Jesse Ventura vs. Michele Bachmann [VIDEO]
- Michele Bachmann poses beside "Kenyan village idiot" sign [PHOTO]
- Bachmann video censored by bogus copyright complaint [VIDEO]
- Will Michele Bachman fly with Sheriff Joe Arpaio's new border air posse?
- Michele Bachmann gushed bunk about Obama oil drilling permits
- Michele Bachmann sides with Moammar Gadhafi
- Bill Maher: Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin can play "bimbos" on "Gilligan's Island"
- Michele Bachmann schedules date with Sheriff Joe Arpaio