Michele Bachmann returns to New Hampshire, where the Revolutionary War didn't start
It looks like Michele Bachmann is headed back to New Hampshire for a meeting with tea partiers to try and figure out if she might make a credible presidential candidate.
Bachmann flunked history the last time she was in New Hampshire.
The last time this happened she told two different assembled sets of fans that the Granite State was the scene of the start of the Revolutionary War. How's that for credibility?
"What I love about New Hampshire and what we have in common is our extreme love for liberty," Bachmann said. "You're the state where the shot was heard round the world in Lexington and Concord. And you put a marker in the ground and paid with the blood of your ancestors the very first price that had to be paid to make this the most magnificent nation that has ever arisen in the annals of man in 5,000 years of recorded history."
Folks in Lexington and Concord Massachusettswere a bit stunned to hear they'd been written out of the history books, along with Ralph Waldo Emerson. And Bay Staters, where the real Tea Party took place, took note of the irony: Neo-TPers love to lecture Americans about history.
Bachmann's newest epic gaffe made her a national laughing stock and forced her to issue a mea culpa on Facebook, so we hope, against all odds, she has her facts straightened out this time. She was hoping her trip to the Granite State would be all hush hush. But when you misplace the "shot heard around the world," it's hard to keep things on the down low. Someone's sure to be listening.
- Jesse Ventura vs. Michele Bachmann [VIDEO]
- Michele Bachmann poses beside "Kenyan village idiot" sign [PHOTO]
- Bachmann video censored by bogus copyright complaint [VIDEO]
- Will Michele Bachman fly with Sheriff Joe Arpaio's new border air posse?
- Michele Bachmann gushed bunk about Obama oil drilling permits
- Michele Bachmann sides with Moammar Gadhafi
- Bill Maher: Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin can play "bimbos" on "Gilligan's Island"
- Michele Bachmann schedules date with Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Michele Bachmann fakes her own family's history