Pastor Karsten Nelson prays for Vikings stadium bill at Legislature
The last time a Christian minister raised eyebrows with an invocation at the Legislature, he drew rebukes for failing to take note that Jewish lawmakers deserved as much respect as their Christian colleagues when it came time for prayer.
Does god wants a new Vikings stadium?
Now, a minister is seeking divine intervention on a matter that burns in the hearts of faithful Vikings fans everywhere: The stadium bill.
Granted, this is not a theological or First Amendment fire starter. But let's face it, football is a religion for some.
Here's was Pastor Karsten Nelson of Our Redeemer Lutheran Church in East St. Paul offered this morning:
"This day, we pray for their deliberations over the budget for the state, the hopes for the transportation needs, a stadium, the racial inequalities that rest here, the needs surrounding education,"
Or, as we like to pray: "For the love of god, will you people figure out this stadium bill nonsense before we have to start saying "Los Angeles Vikings" in the same breath as "Los Angeles Lakers" and "Dallas Stars," please?
- 2011 Minnesota Vikings stadium proposal published
- Metrodome collapse: Video from inside the stadium
- Metrodome collapse: Video shows roof failure frame-by-frame
- Metrodome collapse: Somebody (or thing) escaped as roof fell
- Metrodome will get a new roof
- Metrodome ranked worst NFL stadium by Yahoo