U of M ranked 9th most bike-friendly university in U.S.
More good bike news: The University of Minnesota has been named the ninth most bicycle-friendly campus in the United States by the American League of Bicyclists.
urbanfoodie33 Another reason to love bicycles.
And no, just because the Top 20 list is packed with California campuses, it doesn't mean the ALB gave extra credit for namby pamby weather.
- Long-range engineering designs and construction of bike lanes, parking and other accommodations.
- Formal education efforts designed to teach cyclists how to ride safely in any area with pedestrians, cars and other cyclists.
- Promotion of organized rides, bike maps, events, incentive programs and bike sharing.
- How well campus bike programs collaborated with local law enforcement on safe riding and bike security programs.
Stanford came out on top. The Gophers are No. 9. The cheese heads somehow managed to make the list at No. 13, and the University of Maryland brought up the rear.
Here's the Top 20:
Thirteen of Clubs Time to celebrate, Twin Cities style.
- Stanford University, CA
- UC Davis
- UC Santa Barbara
- Cal. State, Long Beach
- Colorado State University
- Portland State University
- University of Arizona
- UC Irvine
- University of Minnesota
- University of Oregon
- University of Washington
- University of Wisconsin
- Boise State University
- Cornell University, NY
- Emory University, GA
- Indiana University
- Michigan State University
- University of North Carolina
- University of Maryland
- Minneapolis is America's best bike city
- Nice Ride rolling out North Minneapolis bike rental stations first
- Minneapolis bike crash rate drops as riders increase
- Twin Cities bike rider numbers skyrocket
- Minneapolis among top 10 cities for bike commuting