Derek Boogaard's death ruled accidental overdose of oxycodone and alcohol
The cause of Derek Boogaard's death has just been released.
The enforcer for the Minnesota Wild who had signed with the New York Rangers died due to a "mixed alcohol and oxycodone toxicity," according to the Hennepin County Medical Examiner's Office. The death was ruled accidental.
At around 6 p.m. Friday, Boogaard's brothers Ryan and Aaron found him unresponsive in his condo at 415 1st Street North in Minneapolis.
-> Derek Boogaard suffered from substance addiction
-> The Boogeyman Drops the Gloves: Profile of the Wild Enforcer
-> The Boogeyman Unfiltered: The Q & A with Derek Boogaard
-> RIP Derek Boogaard: Obituary
-> Did season-ending concussion play a role in Boogaard's untimely death?
-> Boogaard's brain donated to Sports Legacy Institute