Team Pawlenty fires shot at "pain in the ass" Bachmann
Up until now, Minnesota's two presidential wannabes, Tim Pawlenty and Michele Bachmann, have been pretty firm adherents to Ronald Reagan's 11th Commandment: Thou shalt not speak ill of another Republican.
The joking around is over.
But it sounds like the gloves may be coming off.
In a long Time profile of Pawlenty, and his tightrope walk trying to please teabaggers and mainstream Republicans alike, his friend and former chief of staff called Bachmann "a pain the ass."
Pawlenty may be spooked in part by a fellow Minnesotan: Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, whose fiery brand of conservatism could steal the show in Iowa, where Pawlenty needs a strong showing to catapult him into subsequent primary states. "Bachmann's going to be a pain in the ass in Iowa," says Pawlenty's friend and former chief of staff Charlie Weaver.
The headline's wrong. It should read, "No more Mr. Nice Guy."
Let the food fight begin.
Recently on the T-Paw files:
- Tim Pawlenty's Minneapolis fundraiser: Bachmann and Palin charged more
- T-Paw's campaign manager DWI arrest [VIDEO]
- Tim Pawlenty plays Southwest Airlines flight attendant
- Obama punchlines Pawlenty and Bachmann [VIDEO]
- Tim Pawlenty, action movie hero