Michele Bachmann's no Ronald Reagan, Wall Street Journal says
America's Craziest Congresswoman passes herself off as a constitutional conservative, but the Wall Street Journal's editorial page, a bullwark of real conservative thinking, has lumped her in with a bunch of other "Kucinich Republicans" as an ignoramus in that department.
The Wall Street Journal knows Ronald Reagan, and says Bachmann is no Ronald Reagan.
At issue is Bachmann's vote in favor of left wing firebrand Rep. Dennis Kucinich's resolution calling for a U.S. withdrawal of all forces from Libya within 15 days.
On Friday they showed how wise the Founders really were. The House debate on Libya was a fiasco of evasion and posturing that vindicated the Founders for not trusting Congress with the power to run a war.
And then the Journal hammers Bachmann by name:
She will start her campaign to become Commander in Chief by running to the left of President Obama and Nancy Pelosi. Teddy Roosevelt or Ronald Reagan, Mrs. Bachmann is not.
That's ironic. The man who ran Reagan's 1984 campaign, Ed Rollins, has signed on to manage Bachmann's yet-to-be official campaign.
More insanity: www.shitbachmannsays.com
More from the Bachmann files:
- Team Pawlenty fires first shot at "pain in the ass" Bachmann
- Bill Pulkrabek, Michele Bachmann's former campaign manager, faces domestic assault charge for Memorial Day strangulation
- Michele Bachmann says God's calling her to run. Republicans? Not so much
- Dan Rather thinks Michele Bachmann is "very articulate" [VIDEO]
- Michele Bachmann prays for Bradlee Dean's homophobic ministry [AUDIO