Michele Bachmann presidential announcement [VIDEO]
|Bachmann makes it official again.|
Here's America's Craziest Congresswoman, the Minnesota Sixth District's gift to America who can't wait to leave her constituents behind: "I often say everything I need to know I learned in Iowa."
That's a pretty bold statement, considering she hasn't lived in Iowa since elementary school. On the other hand, it explains so much.
Bachmann also promised to be a budget hawk, just like all those Iowa families hunkered down around the proverbial kitchen table, hashing out the bank balance.
I want my candidacy for the presidency to stand for the moment when "we the people" reclaimed our independence from a government that has gotten too big, spends too much, and has taken away too much of our liberty.
Well, except when the feds are propping up Iowa's (and Minnesota's) corn growers, and ethanol producers, with massive government subsidies and tax breaks every year. And then there's the Bachmann family farm, which has been the willing recipient of hundreds of thousands of dollars in federal subsidies.
- Palin hot on Bachmann's heels into Iowa
- Chris Wallace asks Michele Bachmann: Are you a flake? [VIDEO]
- Rolling Stone's Michele Bachmann story follows City Pages blueprint
- G.R. Anderson on Rolling Stone's Bachmann piece: "I do want credit where credit is due"
- Bachmann makes bold play for black vote, claims she's better for blacks than Obama
Read her speech transcript after the jump: