Pawlenty coins "Obamneycare," no one laughs
Tim Pawlenty, trying to seize the rhetorical moment and a few headlines by the throat, has coined a new phrase ahead of tonight's Republican debate in New Hampshire.
Pawlenty goes after "Obamneycare"
"President Obama said that he designed Obamacare after Romneycare and basically made it Obamneycare," Pawlenty told Fox News. "The president's own words is that he patterned, in large measure, Obamacare after what happened in Massachusetts."
Never mind that Romneycare is pretty much working as intended, and most folks in Massachusetts like it. Time to get tough. No one's going to call Pawlenty "vanilla" after Obamneycare.
Great. Now Mitt's probably trying to think a single word to describe how Tim Pawlenty used to side with actual scientists on climate change, but changed his mind in order to win over the magical thinkers in his party.
"Flip-flopper" might do the trick, but Romney doesn't want to go there.
- Sonny Perdue, Joe "You Lie" Wilson join Team Pawlenty
- Team Pawlenty fires shot at "pain in the ass" Bachmann
- Team Pawlenty hammers "pain in the ass" Bachmann, Part 2
- Pawlenty flunks "tell the truth" presidential speech
- DOA: Pioneer Press runs Tim Pawlenty presidential announcement on obit page