St. Paul Saints Weiner boxer shorts may be grossest ballpark giveaway ever
This time, the first 1,501 fans who are 18 or over will receive a snazzy pair of boxer shorts that commemorate Weiner's most famous photo--the one with the bulge.
While we normally enjoy the sardonic sensibility of the scrappy minor league club's marketing department, this one feels like a whiff.
Here's where the Weinershorts went wrong:
1) The underwear Anthony Weiner was wearing in the famous photograph were boxer briefs--a hybrid of boxers and tightie whities--not these Volleyball shorts.
3) No ballpark giveaway should be limited to "adults only." Kids are the only ones who have any right to enjoy this kind of stuff. Seriously, if you are an adult who wears these, you have bigger problems than Anthony Weiner.
4) The nose on the hot dog is just ... gross.
5) Someone discarded the obvious 50% off foot-long hot dogs gimmick, which would have made way more sense at a ballpark.
But if history is any indication, these garish undershorts will be selling for big bucks on eBay shortly after the end of the 9th, so we won't blame you for picking up a pair.
Just make sure they aren't "game worn."
* Count Von Recount satirizes Franken/Coleman
* Larry Craig Bobblefoot Doll
* Saints give away souvenir cup ... for your balls