Tim Pawlenty is Haagen-Dazs vanilla to Fox News
|Tim Pawlenty and Haagen-Dazs vanilla, the preferred flavor of Fox News.|
Maybe he'd be better suited to selling vanilla ice cream?
"You got to get a little Trump in him," O'Reilly said last week. "Look, Haagen-Dazs can put his picture on vanilla. Do we get that? Are we all hearing that? The guy is invisible."
WALLACE: Vanilla, invisible -- how do play it, Governor?
PAWLENTY: Did, Chris -- did Bill O'Reilly use the word vanilla?
WALLACE: He did.
PAWLENTY: Is he playing the race card on me?
WALLACE: I don't think so, sir. I think he was talking about the taste, not the color.
PAWLENTY: All right. Well, look, I'm not running for comedian-in-chief, or entertainer-in-chief. If people want that, they should go to the ball park or Broadway play or a Las Vegas show. [TRANSCRIPT]
That's right. Pawlenty needs to be more like a TV talk show host if he wants to get anywhere in presidential politics. Maybe launch a little food fight now and then.
It could have been worse, though. O'Reilly could slapped him with a little White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle, or Bananas Foster. Or maybe Rocky Road would have been a better metaphor.
And Pawlenty played along. "Race card?" That's a knee slapper.
Which is sort of the point: Pawlenty's already tried the Entertainer in Chief role, with all those ridiculous videos that cast him as the star in a Jerry Bruckheimer flick. It just doesn't sell.
You want entertainment? That's what Michele Bachmann's for.
T-Paw At The Movies:
- Tim Pawlenty's potential blockbusters: T-Pocalypse Now, Bravepaw, & more
- Tim Pawlenty's new movie trailer is awesomely over-the-top [VIDEO]
- Pawlenty Reloaded: 2 Pawlenty 2 Furious [VIDEO]
- Pawlenty III: Return to Pawlenty [VIDEO]
- Pawlenty Wars: Revenge of the Tea Party [VIDEO]
- Pawlenty V: Pawlenty Harder [VIDEO]
- Tim Pawlenty VI: At World's End [VIDEO]
- Tim Pawlenty's ridiculous movie trailers get the Colbert treatment
- Sonny Perdue, Joe "You Lie" Wilson join Team Pawlenty
- Bachmann, Pawlenty losing badly to Obama in latest poll
- Team Pawlenty fires shot at "pain in the ass" Bachmann
- Team Pawlenty hammers "pain in the ass" Bachmann, Part 2
- Tim Pawlenty: "I'm running for president" [VIDEO]
- Pawlenty flunks "tell the truth" presidential speech
- DOA: Pioneer Press runs Tim Pawlenty presidential announcement on obit page
- Pawlenty makes pub crawl joke even though his staffers have DWI arrests
- Pawlenty advised to knock off the "dime store Teddy Roosevelt" act
- Pawlenty and Bachmann not worthy of any office, most Minnesotans tell pollster