Mike Parry doubles down on Governor Dayton pill-popper accusation: Top 10 tweets
|Parry continues to claim he saw Dayton pop 15 or 16 pills during a meeting.|
Mike Parry won't apologize for calling Gov. Mark Dayton a drug addict. Instead, he's doubling down.
That's right kids -- Parry is standing by his claim that Dayton pops "15 or 16" pills during meetings. And, as you'd imagine, the Twitter-sphere isn't letting the U.S. Congress hopeful get away with uttering such seemingly preposterous statements without giving him grief in return. Below the jump, we take a look at the top 10 Twitter responses to Parry's surprising double-down.
10. Dayton responded to Parry's remarks this morning:
Dayton says he takes meds for depression but not to the level Parry suggested.-- tomscheck (@tomscheck) August 7, 2012
9. But Parry, asked to clarify his remarks, wouldn't back down:
Parry declines to apologize to-- Jennifer Brooks (@stribrooks) August 7, 2012
#mDayton. Instead doubles down, says pills were on table. Doesn't *think* they were tictacs.
8. Bob Hume, Dayton's deputy chief of staff, pointed out that Parry was embodying the height of hypocrisy in accusing the governor of being anti-veteran:
-- bobhume (@bobhume) August 7, 2012
@mikeparry 's 2011 proposal SF 1047 includes veterans in an across the board 15% cut.
7. MNGOP Rep. John Kriesel, a veteran himself, took fellow veteran Parry to task:
Classless. RT-- John Kriesel (@johnkriesel) August 7, 2012
@josh_moniz: Parry says Dayton pops 15 to 16 pills when he sitting across from you in negotiations. Says Dayton is scary
6. After responding to the substance of Parry's allegation, Dayton blasted him:
Gov. Dayton called Sen. Parry's comments the worst form of "gutter politics" and said the claim that he takes 15 to 16 pills is "a lie."-- tomscheck (@tomscheck) August 7, 2012