Marriage equality found least support in southwest MN, most support in Mpls [MAPS]
|No surprise: In Minnesota, this flag flies highest in Minneapolis.|
SEE ALSO: MN for Marriage's concession: "God has defined marriage as between one man and one woman"
It's not surprising to learn that two Southwest Minneapolis districts were where the Vote No cause was strongest. But would you have guessed that an exurban district just southwest of the Twin Cities metro cracked the top five for districts where voters were least supportive of gay marriage?
Here's the breakdown, starting with the top five Vote Yes districts.
1. 22A, far southwest corner of the state
Vote Yes = 73.1 percent
2. 22B, just east of 22A, southwest corner of the state
Vote Yes = 72.1 percent
3. 9A, between Alexandria and Brainerd
Vote Yes = 69 percent
4. 9B, just east of 9A, between Brainerd and St. Cloud
Vote Yes = 68.5 percent
5. 18B, just southwest of the Twin Cities metro area
Vote Yes = 58.1 percent
Click to page two for the top five Vote No districts.