"Ponder's wedding will be the first without a reception" [TOP 10 TWEETS]
|At the start of the season, Ponder said football was his girlfriend. For better or worse, things changed in a hurry.|
FROM SEPTEMBER: Star Tribune's C.J. grills Vikings' Christian Ponder about his bereft love life
The possibilities for jokes are endless! Here's the Vikings struggling quarterback -- one who has been remarkably open about his dating life in the past -- popping the question to a smokin' ESPN sideline reporter after just a couple months of dating. It's comedic gold, and thankfully, some folks were up to the task of doing some late-afternoon mining.
First, here's the unquestioned best tweet about the Ponder-Steele engagement:
As of yesterday evening, it had been retweed almost 500 times. We always love that one!
Common Man line of day, Ponder's wedding will be the first one held without a reception!-- Mark Rosen (@WCCORosen) December 4, 2012
And here's the best of the rest in top 10 form:
10. Dan Barreiro offered this up on Monday, a day before news of the engagement broke. Perhaps Ponder can schedule his wedding for this Sunday at noon?
Hey, last weekend, couldn't Christian Ponder have gotten married and Joe Mauer played QB for the Vikings?-- Dan Barreiro (@DanBarreiroKFAN) December 3, 2012
9. You have to know a thing or two about football to get this one...
When Ponder proposed to Steele, it was the first time he took a knee in his career cc @atrupar-- Nick Halter (@NHalterJournals) December 4, 2012
8. KFAN's Paul Allen is as plugged in to the Vikings as it gets, so he was definitely trying to drop a hint when he offered up this plug for his interview with the Vikes QB yesterday morning:
Next is @cponder7 .... OOOHHHH GOODY. Hope conversation is engaging. Love the kid.-- Paul Allen(@PAKFANVikes) December 4, 2012
7. The award for Meanest Ponder-Steele Engagement Tweet goes to ESPN 1500's Dana Wessel:
"My ship is sinking fast. I gotta lock this girl up before I'm a backup and getting shot down by skanks at Sneaky Petes" -- Ponder, I bet.-- Dana Wessel (@DanaWessel) December 4, 2012
6. The Pioneer Press' Brian Murphy offered up this quintessential example of #HumbleBrag:
Something twisted about hanging up with U.S. Congressman after talking NFL and antitrust law, texting Christian Ponder to confirm engagement-- Brian Murphy (@murphPPress) December 4, 2012