Twins have fourth-highest beer price in baseball
|Image by Tatiana Craine|
|We're not exactly breaking news by telling you beer is expensive at Target Field, but at most other parks buying some Buds would cost you less.|
SEE ALSO: The U of M somehow lost money on TCF Bank Stadium booze sales, leaving legislator baffled
Put it all together and the Twinks could really use some positive publicity. Unfortunately, you won't find it in this blog post.
That's because a study by The Street finds that Target Field's cheapest beer price is the fourth highest in all of baseball.
From the study:
4. Minnesota TwinsAcross baseball as a whole, the average small beer price has gone up from $5.81 in 2011 to $6.12 this year. As The Street explains, the highest price two years ago was $7.25 at Fenway Park in Boston. That's a relative value this year, as five teams exceed that mark, with two parks even hitting $8 for a small cold one.
Price of a small draft beer: $7.50
You have to admire the chutzpah. This is a team that has finished dead last in the American League Central Division for the past two years after being a perennial playoff contender. Its relatively new home at Target (TGT) Field has known little else but misery since the team was swept out of the only playoff series the building hosted during its inaugural season in 2010. Now you're jacking up the price of a beer by 50 cents? Granted, the smallest size is still 20 ounces, but that hurts.
At this rate, you'll soon need to take out a payday loan just to buy a damn Summit while watching the Twins lose in the snow.
If you're curious, here's the list of the 10 teams with the most expensive beers, along with the price of a small glass.
10. San Francisco Giants ($6.75)
9. St. Louis Cardinals ($6.75)
8. Atlanta Braves ($7.25)
7. Chicago Cubs ($7.25)
6. Boston Red Sox ($7.25)
5. Toronto Blue Jays ($7.34)
4. Twinks ($7.50)
3. Philadelphia Phillies ($7.75)
2. Miami Marlins ($8)
1. Washington Nationals ($8.25)