E-cig charger explodes, burning hole in Minnesota author's car [PHOTO]
|Jerry Lindberg on Twitter|
SEE ALSO: Rep. Phyllis Kahn to introduce bill restricting e-cigs during next legislative session
Consider the case of local Christian author Jerry Lindberg, who shared the above photo of the inside of his car after his e-cig charger exploded.
Lindberg isn't the first e-cig user to experience a meltdown of that sort. According to a Consumerist report from October, there have been many such instances throughout the country recently, including one in Florida where a man suffered facial burns after an e-cig exploded in his mouth. Yikes!
Consumerist reports that e-cig charger explosions occur because certain models don't stop charging even after the battery is full. That's pretty scary, but then again, so is the possibility of dropping an old-school cigarette while it's lit.
-- Follow Aaron Rupar on Twitter at @atrupar. Got a tip? Drop him a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.