MPD releases alert about string of black-on-Hispanic robberies in south Minneapolis
STILL NO ARRESTS: City Pages blogger robbed in skyway
Five incidents of that sort have taken place since last Friday in an area spanning from Franklin Avenue to 38th Street north-south and from Clinton Avenue to Nicollet Avenue east-west.
Here, via the MPD's release, are brief descriptions of each incident:
1. 12/20 7:40 p.m. 1st Av S/28th St E-Hispanic female had purse forcibly taken from her by a black male 18-40 years old while walking.It's unclear whether Hispanics are being targeted or if the ethnicities of the victims are simply coincidental. Nonetheless, with the suspects still on the loose, the MPD is asking people in that area of town to be extra vigilant.
2. 12/20 8:10 p.m. 38th/Nicollet Av-Hispanic male was robbed in a parking lot by a black male, 20-30 years old. There were no weapons involved.
3. 12/21 2:30 a.m. Franklin Av E/Clinton Av S-Hispanic male was walking and was approached by two black males, 18-40 years old. The suspects punched the victim and took his backpack.
4. 12/22 2:00 a.m. 27xx Nicollet Av -Two black males, 25-30 years old approached a Hispanic male victim and displayed a knife. They took the victim's wallet and cell phone. There were no injuries.
5. 12/23 12:38 a.m. 1 Av S/33 St E-Hispanic male was exiting a city bus when a black male, 23-25 years old displayed a handgun. The suspect ended up fleeing the area before anything was taken from the victim.
-- Follow Aaron Rupar on Twitter at @atrupar. Got a tip? Drop him a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.