Here's how to avoid a ticket or tow during MSP snow emergencies [UPDATE]
SEE ALSO: Mayor Rybak tweets awesome ode to snow emergencies
Here are the parking restrictions to keep in mind over the next couple days, unless either city calls off the emergency before then. Neglect 'em and risk a ticket or tow.
- Overnight: Do not park on either side of the street with the red Snow Emergency Route sign. Goes until 8 a.m.
- Wednesday: Do not park on the side of a non-Snow Emergency route with even addresses until it's fully plowed, or on either side of a parkway until the parkway is fully plowed
- Thursday: Do not park on the side of a non-Snow Emergency route with odd addresses until it's fully plowed.
- Overnight: Do not park in either side of the street with the red Night Plow Route sign. Goes until 8 a.m.
- Wednesday: Parking is banned on Day Plow routes until the street has been plowed full-width. Trouble is, you won't find posted Day Plow signs. Simple rule: avoid any street that hasn't been fully plowed.
You can also sign up for email/text alerts related to the Minneapolis snow emergency. Still confused about routes? Ask the city directly on this Facebook page.
As for driving, Minnesota State Patrol is reporting several accidents in the last few days involving their own squad cars. Don't end up like this guy:
This truck just about hit me while I was out w/a tow truck pulling another vor. Despite flares & 2 other Troopers pic.twitter.com/kaRZLqvtmj-- Sgt. Jesse Grabow (@MSPPIO_NW) January 14, 2014
-- Follow Jesse Marx on Twitter @marxjesse or send tips to email@example.com