50 Reasons Minnesota is the best state in America
10. We're a nationwide hub for indie hip-hop.
9. We have the Mall of America and laid down the first-ever indoor mall (Southdale).
8. Minneapolis is a great place to be gay.
|Minnesota local beers: Brewed with the water from 10,000 lakes|
6. We have our own sound, pioneered by Prince, Janet Jackson, Morris Day & The Time, Sheila E., and two of the world's best producers (Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis).
5. Our summers are packed with festivals.
4. We host one of the best -- and most historic -- rock venues in the world, First Avenue.
3. We gave the nation two GOP candidates for president and wouldn't vote for either of them.
2. With 11,000 lakes (we're too modest in our state slogan), Minnesota has more shoreline than California, Hawaii and Florida combined.
1. We survive snow storms that can destroy stadiums, and unlike New Yorkers, we actually go out and shovel our neighbors' walk instead of whining all day on Twitter.
|What do you love about Minnesota? Tell us in the comments.|