Vincent Kartheiser returns to the Guthrie this summer
This summer, one of those side projects will be in town, as it was recently announced that the Minnesota native will be returning to the Guthrie stage for a production of Pride and Prejudice.
- Cover: Vincent Kartheiser on Mad Men's Pete Campbell: Homegrown star of AMC hit reflects on his character
- Five Pete Campbell of Mad Men music video memes we actually like
- Vincent Kartheiser reflects on Mad Men, 89.3 The Current, and himself
- Slideshow: Kartheiser at Bryant Lake bowl and through the ages
- Vincent Kartheiser's very '90s Pioneer Press ad
Kartheiser will be playing the role of Mr. Darcy in Simon Reade's adaptation of the classic Jane Austen novel. Longtime Guthrie collaborator Joe Dowling will direct. The play will be in previews starting July 6, and will run July 12 though August 31.
This isn't his first time taking the stage at the Guthrie. Kartheiser first performed there in a 1986 production of A Christmas Carol in the part of Tiny Tim. He later appeared in Henry V and Henry IV before moving on to Hollywood films including Untamed Heart, The Indian in the Cupboard, and Alaska.