Roseville Subway customers say subs gave them norovirus
More than a dozen Minneapolis Public School employees filed suit this week in Ramsey County against Subway, claiming they were sickened after eating "party" subs they bought from a Roseville shop two years ago. The 16 plaintiffs all similarly claim that they suffered nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, cramps, and various aches and pains in the days following their consumption of the sandwiches.
jetalone/Flickr Mmm ... norovirus.
A subsequent Minnesota Department of Health investigation concluded that two of the store's employees, who reported being sick in the days before they prepared the party subs, were responsible for the outbreak. The plaintiffs, described by the suit as "pipefitters employed by the Minneapolis Public Schools," seek more than $50,000 in damages for their claims of the sandwich chain's negligence and liability.
According to the suit, norovirus causes an estimated 23 million cases of acute gastroenteritis in the United States each year. The virus may be spread through vomit or feces as well as human-to-human contact.
Blech. Here's hoping the store's cleaned up its act since then.