This week's "Best of Hot Dish"
It's that time of year to break out the vodka -- are we right or are we right? It'll provide some of the warmth we're missing from lack of sunshine, some of that camaraderie we've been lacking due to wintertime anti-social tendencies, not to mention one-third of a White Russian. While we go get the shot glasses and Kahlua, here's some scoop we brought you this week:
- Cafe Twenty Eight makes a "killer" breakfast sandwich, says our sandwich expert, "a case study for simplicity and quality."
- A new restaurant called Piccolo enthusiastically swung open its doors last week. We got a sneak peek.
- We get some dirt from Chef Landon Schoenefeld about the opening of his new restaurant Haute Dish and what talent he's stealing from other restaurants.
- What's that you say? You want some vodka? Moscow on the Hill's got horseradish, garlic and dill, pepper, and cherry varieties.
- The St. Paul Farmers' Market is alive and well. Go get a happy chicken and look around. You'll feel sort of all exclusive, we swear.
Have a great weekend, everyone! And don't forget to watch "Iron Chef: America" this Sunday at 8 p.m. featuring Saffron Chef Sameh Wadi!