Simple, Good, and Tasty's School Lunch Contest
A few weeks ago, Simple, Good, and Tasty founder Lee Zukor started a discussion about the low-quality of school lunches, with lots of interesting comments by parents, teachers, farmers, and at least one School Lunch Lady. To collect more data about school lunches, he's proposed the following contest:
* Step One: Meet your child for lunch at school. Order the school lunch. (If you don't have a child in school but want to participate, you'll find a way, we're sure.)
* Step Two: Photograph the school lunch.
* Step Three: Eat it.
* Step Four: Send the picture(s) to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, email address, the city and state where you took the picture, and any other information you'd like (name of the school, your own thoughts, etc.)
The deadline is midnight on Monday, March 29. Lee will post the pictures by April 5 and announce winners (based on the comments) on or around April 12. Prizes include:
1. GRAND PRIZE: One year of free organic milk from our partners at Organic Valley.
2. One set of Snack Taxi reusable lunch bags, donated by the kind and generous folks Linden Hills Co-op
3. Two lunchboxes, also donated by Linden Hills Co-op
4. Three Easy Lunchbox Systems
5. A DVD of the film King Corn