Great River Road Wine Trail hosts food/wine weekend
For a crash course in local wine, hit the Great River Road Wine Trail's "Local Foods-Local Wine Weekend," on Saturday, June 5, and Sunday, June 6, from 11 a.m. until 5 p.m. each day. The trail consists of 10 wineries near the Mississippi River (Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa) and will offer samples of their wines paired with local foods. Some wineries will feature live music. Tickets cost $20 and include a wine trail glass and six-pack wine bottle tote at the first winery.
Here's a list of the Great River Road Wine Trail wineries (in order of location on the Trail):
* Cannon River Winery - 421 Mill Street West, Cannon Falls, Minn., 507-263-7400
* Falconer Vineyards Winery - 3572 Old Tyler Road, Red Wing, Minn., 651-388-8849
* Valley Vineyard - W10415 - 521st Ave., Prescott, Wisc., 715-262-4235
* Vino in the Valley - W3826 450th Ave, Maiden Rock, Wisc., 715-639-6677
* Maiden Rock Winery & Cidery - W12266 King Lane, Stockholm, Wisc., 715-448-3502
* Danzinger Vineyards - S2015 Grapeview Lane, Alma, Wisc., 608-685-6000
* Seven Hawks Vineyards - 17 North Street, Fountain City, Wisc., 866-946-3741
* Garvin Heights Vineyards - 2255 Garvin Heights Rd, Winona, Minn., 507-474-WINE
* Vernon Vineyards - S3457a Dahl Road, Viroqua, Wisc, 608-634-6734
* Eagles Landing Winery - 127 North Street, Marquette, Iowa, 563-873-2509
Tickets are available at each winery or online at www.greatriverroadwinetrail.org. Designated drivers will receive free admission and food, but no wine tasting.