Amore Victoria, Birchwood Café, and Bryant-Lake Bowl serve up a week of cheap eats
You may be cheap, but at least you share the wine.
You made it through Monday! Celebrate with half-price wine at Amore Victoria. Soak it up with homemade gnocchi, gourmet pizza, or classic Bolognese.
- Enjoy summer's harvest in the depths of winter. Learn how to properly freeze sweet corn, roasted peppers, kale, broccoli, and tomatoes at Gardens of Eagan's "Easy Peezy Freezing" class. $12/$10 members. Register by calling 952.891.1212. 6:30 to 8 p.m.
- Take a walk on the wild side. Play Scrabble--fast! Typoscura's Hump Day Speed Scrabble Battle returns to Red Stag Supper Club. Enjoy cheap drinks and food specials and live music by Millions Billions.
- Buckle up for a fashion extravaganza as Seven Sushi Ultralounge and Skybar hosts a Brazil-themed fashion show. Watch beautiful people strut around in bathing suits and beachwear while sipping martinis and spearing sushi. 6 p.m.
- If you're more of a naturalist, head out to the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum's Toast and Taste in the Gardens annual fundraiser. Sample fresh, local cuisine from 20 of the Twin Cities' best restaurants, including Café Maude, Corner Table, and the Dakota Jazz Club and Restaurant. $75 for general admission at 7 p.m./$100 for early-access at 6 p.m.
- Swirl around quaint Afton. Attend the grand re-opening and ribbon cutting of Swirl wine bar. Free wine tastings, half-price tapas, small plates, and dessert, as well as live music by the St. Jimmy Band. 4:30 to 9 p.m.
- Make it simple this Saturday. Enjoy half-price pizza and wine at the Birchwood Café. Feel good about saving your pocketbook while eating fresh, local, and humane.
- Sunday: a good day for The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged). See all 37 plays in 97 minutes on Brits' rooftop garden. Food and drink specials. Not to mention: men in tights. 6 p.m.
- Who knew? The "Restaurant Capital of the World" is Dorset, Minnesota, population 22. Find out if it measures up to its billing at Taste of Dorset, a one-day food extravaganza held in the town square.
- You may be cheap, but you know how to treat your date right. Enjoy two entrees, a bottle of wine, and a round of bowling for $28 at Bryant-Lake Bowl's Cheap Date Night. (She won't even notice you bogart her leftovers.)