Simple, Good, and Tasty teams with Barbette this Week in Food
- Bust out your inner sommelier at Crave's weekly wine class. Tonight sample wines from Spain and feel good while you're doing it--all month Crave is partnering with the Children's Home Society and Family Services, which will recieve a portion of the proceeds.
- Come meet the neighbors at Salut St. Paul's Community Table Wine Dinner. Spend an evening on the patio and enjoy a meal made from local producers, including Birch Creek Farms, Green Earth Growers, and "Farmer Bob." $59/person plus tax and tip. 7 p.m.
- Simple. Good. Tasty. French. At the end of the day, that's all you need in a meal. Join Simple, Good, and Tasty for its monthly local foods dinner at Barbette. Enjoy a meal made from fresh, local produce and wash it down with Fulton beer varieties. $50 plus tip. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. 6:30 p.m.
|Gringos gone wild at Chino Latino.|
- It's too fast! It's too crazy! Get a handle on healthy eating at "Healthy Eating in Today's Fast and Crazy World," at the Wedge. Learn basic nutrition and tips for creating one-pot and slow cooker meals as well as the creative use of leftovers and using healthy convenience foods. $22/$18 members. 7 to 8:30 p.m.
- Take down a five-course meal paired with Sauza tequila at Chino Latino's Gringos Gone Wild Tequila Fiesta. Enjoy black bean sopes, tequila chipotle shrimp, and Tacos de Barbacoa de Borrego among other specialties. $45 plus tax and tip. For reservations, call 612-824-PUPU.
- What could be better than an evening of history, literature, food, and wine? Learn more about Nicollet Island with Christopher and Rushika February Hage, authors of Images of America: Nicollet Island. Their special presentation will be served with a three-course menu from the Nicollet Island Inn's Executive Chef Adam Droski. Each guest will also receive a signed copy of the book. A portion of the proceeds from the evening will be donated to the Mississippi River Trail, a nonprofit organization promoting and developing a 3,000-mile system of bike-friendly roads and pathways along the Mississippi River from Itasca to the Gulf of Mexico. $60. 6:30 p.m.
- Tis the season of Oktoberfests. Join all the beer-drinking, polka-dancing fun at the Mill City Market's Oktoberfest celebration, held in collaboration with Mill City Museum. The family-friendly event will feature real German polka bands, chef demos, and beer tasting from local breweries, as well as a plethora of kids' activities. 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Tea: it's not just for drinking anymore. Learn how to cook traditional and contemporary dishes with tea at "Cooking with Tea," at TeaSource Minneapolis (in the St. Anthony shopping center). $20. 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m.