Forum hosts Sam Adams, Burger Jones gets geeky this Week in Food
- It's cool to get geeky--especially when there's beer involved. Attend Burger Jones' Beer Geek kickoff party and find out how you can snag free beer and win Vikings tickets, T-shirts, hats, cozies, and gift cards. Sip on New Belgium's Ranger IPA until the keg runs dry and meet other major beer geeks. 7 p.m.
- Uptown's been good to you, be good to it. Attend the Hennepin/Lake Community Wine Tasting and help raise money for Uptown neighborhoods. Sample from more than 400 wines and enjoy free appetizers and snacks from Il Gatto. $25 advance/$30 at the door--all proceeds go directly to the neighborhood association's community building events. Calhoun Square, 5 to 9 p.m.
|United Press International|
|The British are coming.|
- Meet Sam Adams--American statesman, political philosopher, Founding Father, and delicious brew. Forum invites the public to meet the managers and brewmasters of Sam Adams Brewery during a special six-course tasting dinner paired with the Boston-based brews. $50/person. Reservations required: email@example.com or 612-354-2017. 6:30 p.m.
- Bird is the word at Sanctuary, which presents a five-course tasting menu featuring pheasant, duck, and chicken from Wild Acres Game on Thursday. Sip on craft beers, expertly paired with jalapeño smoked chicken nuggets with caramelized pineapple ketchup; Belgian endive salad with duck liver wontons, pomegranate, Swiss cheese, and frozen champagne grape dressing; apple cider-poached and -seared pheasant, with porcini mushroom duxelle, rainbow chard, and New Mexico pepper sabayon sauce; pan-seared duck breast and confit gizzard with Asian pear red wine syrup, sweet potato fries, and walnut popcorn; and chocolate bread pudding with blue cheese cream sauce and vanilla ice cream. $35 tasting, $14 pairing (excludes tax and tip). Reservations required: 612-339-5058 5 to 10 p.m.
- It's a British invasion! Brit's Pub marks its 20th anniversary with a weeklong celebration beginning tonight with a St. Crispin's Day Bash. Cool Britannia will play all your favorite British hits (vote for yours on Brit's Facebook page) and try a limited release of Br'er Rabbit cider (rhubarb and elderberry cider aged in merlot barrels). Donate warm shoes to those in need and help raise money for the Metropolis Rugby Foundation by eating, drinking, and celebrating 20 years of Brits. 7:30 p.m.
- Travel the world over Sunday brunch at Midtown Global Market. Come often--the menu changes each week thanks to a rotating schedule of chefs. 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Market's Central Plaza.
- Learn about Minnesota winemaking from the master--Nan Bailly of Alexis Bailly Winery. Bailly will be on hand at King's Wine Bar to talk about her techniques and introduce some of her nationally recognized wines. $25 includes tastings and small bites. Reservations required, call or stop in. 4 to 9 p.m.