20.21 offers bubbles and squeak this Week in Food
|The incredible, edible Scotch egg.|
- Bubbles and squeak and mussels--oh my! In honor of the British Television Awards, 20.21 will feature a British menu now through January 2. Pop by for Brit-inspired cocktails like the Ginger Tonic, Classic Pimm's Cup, and Boddingtons English Ale. Feeling a bit peckish? Reenergize on Scotch Eggs, Fish and Chips, Bubble and Squeak, Steamed Mussels, and Bangers and Mash. Three for, you guessed it, $20.21.
|Every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings.|
- Declare you're a gleek--for a good cause. The Melting Pot is throwing a Glee Party in support of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Dig in to your choice of bourbon bacon cheddar or traditional Swiss cheese fondue and a petite feast of chicken breast and marinated sirloin. Test your Glee knowledge with a round of trivia and win prizes. Sip back some Glee-inspired Bacardi cocktails and watch the Glee Christmas episode on the Melting Pot's big screen while enjoying mint chocolate and yin and yang chocolate fondues.
- It's a wonderful life. Come celebrate it and the season at the Saint Paul Hotel, which offers lunch and dinner performances of its beloved It's a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play December 15 through December 26. Enjoy the show plus a three-course lunch or dinner plus social time with a cash bar. $55 per person for lunch, $75 for dinner plus tax and tip. Visit www.stpaulhotel.com or call 651-292-9292 or 1-800-292-9292 for more information and show times.
- Don't be shy--introduce yourself at Common Roots' Meet the Brewer event. Tonight the popular coffee shop and eatery will host Nick Anderson, brewer/owner of Rush River Brewery. Anderson will bring a firkin of his Lyndale Brown, infused with pomegranate and green tea, and in celebration of his visit, Common Roots will put his chocolate oatmeal stout on tap. 7 to 9 p.m.
- Tender cuts of steak and top shelf scotch. What else do you need on a Friday night? Dive into pure indulgence at Cooks of Crocus Hill on Grand Avenue. $75. 6 p.m.
- What goes best with bowling, bocce, and Italian/American cuisine? A little holiday flair! Enjoy a holiday-inspired Sunday brunch Pinstripes restaurant and bowling alley in Edina's Centennial Shops. Santa will be in attendance and all children will receive a small gift. $22 adults, $12 children 6-12, kids 5 and under free. 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.